By Dipo Olowookere
All is now set for the 2016 edition of West African Power Industry Convention (WAPIC), which holds at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos from November 23-24.
Also during the event, which enters its 13th edition, the third edition of the hugely successful West African Power Industry Awards will take place and already, Genesis Energy, Aggreko, GRIDCo, Eko Disco and several innovative renewable projects are just some of the who’s who in the region’s energy industry who have made the coveted list of show’s finalists.
At the gala dinner, industry pioneers and projects would be recognised and celebrated in eight different categories and the event will attract some 2000 power professionals, high-level experts and industry stalwarts.
Below is the full list of the finalists in the West African Power Industry Awards:
Special Recognition Award
– Abubakar Sani Sambo, Chairman, Nigerian Member Committee of the World Energy Council, Nigeria
– Akinwole Omoboriowo II, Chairman & CEO, Genesis Energy, Nigeria
– Atiku Abubakar, Deputy Managing Director, Transmission Company of Nigeria, Nigeria
– Eli Jidere Bala, Director General, Energy Commission, Nigeria
– Mahama Kappiah, Executive Director, ECOWAS Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, Ghana
– Nicholas Okafor, Partner, Udo Udoma & Belo-Osagie, Nigeria
– Oladele Amoda, Eko Electricity Distribution PLC, MD & CEO, Nigeria
– Uzoma Achinanya, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Emtech Energy Services, Nigeria
Excellence in Power Generation
– Aggreko, West Africa
– Azito, Ivory Coast
– CIPREL Thermal Power Station, Ivory Coast
– Contour Global, Senegal
– Egbin Power Plc, Nigeria
– Volta River Authority, Ghana
Excellence in Power Transmission or Distribution
– Abuja Electricity Distribution PLC, Nigeria
– Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
– Ghana Grid Company Limited, Ghana
– Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
– Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
CSR Initiative of the Year
– Africa GreenTec, Mali
– Ajima Farms and General Enterprises Nigeria Limited, Nigeria
– Green Energy & Biofuels, Nigeria
– Lagos Energy Academy, Nigeria
– Lagos Solar Project, Nigeria
– Light Up Lagos Initiative, Nigeria
– Solar Nigeria Programme, Nigeria
Best Renewable Energy Project
– Africa GreenTec, Mali
– Beijing Xiaocheng Company, Ghana
– GVE Projects Limited, Nigeria
– Photaz Energy, Nigeria
– Solar Nigeria, Nigeria
– Sosai Renewable Energies Company, Nigeria
– Strategic Power Solutions, Ghana
Outstanding Woman in Power, Regional Award, West Africa
– Bahijjatu Hadiza Abubakar, National Coordinator of the Renewable Energy Programme, Federal Ministry of Environment, Nigeria
– Chantelle Abdul, CEO, MOJEC Meter Company & MOJEC Power, Nigeria
– Damilola Ogunbiyi, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Nigeria
– Eunice Biritwum, CEO, CENIT Energy Limited, Ghana
– H.R.H. Princess Abze Djigma, Founder, Abze Solar S.A., Burkina Faso
– Subha Nagarajan, Managing Director: Africa Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Ivory Coast
Future Energy Leader Award
– Chimaobi Daniel NNA, Research Officer Energy Commission of Nigeria, Nigeria
– Fadekunayo Adeniyi, Project Development Associate, Quaint Global Energy Solutions, Nigeria
– Olakunle Owoeye, Co-Founder & CEO, Ecowatt Nigeria Limited, Nigeria
– Maame Tabuah Ankoh, Renewable Energy Specialist, ICF International, Ghana
– Prosper Ahmed Amuquandoh, Inspector: Electricity and Renewable Energy, Ghana Energy Commission, Ghana
– Tanoh Ghislain Tanoh, Economiste Statistician Engineer, National Company of Energy, Cote d’Ivoire
– Arnergy, Pay-As-You-Go Solar Home System
– Azimuth Solar, “Smart Hub”
– Photaz Energy, Fuelless Generator
– Vergnet SA, Hybrid Wizard™
As in previous years of this flagship power event in the region, WAPIC has already secured impressive industry support. Global information and telecommunication giant Huawei will return as the exclusive diamond sponsor for the event for the third time. Lucy Electric, a global secondary distribution leader in the electricity sector, is a platinum sponsor and Kedco a gold sponsor.
WAPIC is organised by Spintelligent, leading Cape Town-based trade exhibition and conference organiser, and the African office of Clarion Events Ltd, based in the UK. Other flagship events in Spintelligent’s power portfolio on the continent are African Utility Week, the East African Power Industry Convention (EAPIC), iPAD Rwanda Energy Infrastructure Forum and iPAD Cameroon Energy & Infrastructure Forum.
more recommended stories
Ecobank Subsidiary Rubbishes Airtel Shares Forfeiture Claim
By Modupe Gbadeyanka An arm of.
Asian Shares Rise Despite Weak Japanese Export Data
By Investors Hub Asian stocks rose.
European Stocks Close Mixed Ahead of Bank of England Policy Meeting
By Investors Hub European stocks are.
Wall Street Opens Mixed on Looming Fed Meeting
By Investors Hub The major U.S..