By Modupe Gbadeyanka
President Muhammadu Buhari will address Nigerians through their representatives at the National Assembly on Thursday, December 10, 2020.
The President will speak to a joint session of the parliament comprising the House of Representatives and the Senate on the spate of insecurity in the country.
Recall that last week, at the lower chamber of the National Assembly, lawmakers summoned Mr Buhari to appear before them. This was because of the killing of over 40 rice farmers in Borno State by Boko Haram members.
At the Senate, the President was again asked to sack the service chiefs, who the lawmakers said are short of ideas on how to secure the lives and properties of Nigeria, the main responsibility of the government.
Shortly after the House of Representatives invited the President to give updates on how he was addressing insecurity in the country, Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila was at the Presidential Villa to meet with Mr Buhari.
After the closed-door meeting with him, he informed newsmen that the President was also worried about the current situation in Nigeria and said Mr Buhari has agreed to address them.
On Monday, one of the social media aides of the President, Ms Lauretta Onochie, confirmed that her boss will honour the invitation of members of the parliament on Thursday.
She said the President Buhari will talk to them (lawmakers) at a joint session. However, she did not specify if this would be virtually or physically.
“President @MBuhari will address a joint session of the National Assembly (@nassnigeria) on Thursday, December 10, 2020,” Ms Onochie posted on her Twitter page today.
In recent times, Mr Buhari has been performing some functions virtually from his office in Abuja.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria