Jobs/Appointments
Ambode Promises More Jobs In 2017

By Modupe Gbadeyanka
Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, on Sunday counselled the youths in the State on the need to embrace hardwork, saying that such was important to be successful in life.
Governor Ambode, who spoke in Epe during the ongoing One Lagos Fiesta, an annual end of the year revue put together by the state government, said it was important for the young ones to cultivate the habit of working hard, as such would go a long way in making them to achieve their dreams.
While recalling his days growing up in Epe, the Governor said he became the Chief Executive Officer of Lagos State through the grace of God and hardwork, assuring that as government, his administration would continue to create the enabling environment for the youths in the state.
He said: “What I want to tell all of you is that we believe so much in all of you; we know that you are our future; I also started from here and today by the grace of God, I happened to be your Governor and so there will be many more Governors from this crowd.
“But if you want to be a President; if you want to be a Governor; if you want to a Doctor or you want to be a lawyer and so on, you must now work hard. So, even when you work hard, our duty as government is to provide the enabling environment for all of you and so we are going to create more jobs for our youths and also we will create more facilities so that you can crave on your talents to become more creative.”
Besides, the Governor said as a means of helping the youths to achieve their dreams, the State Government has already created the Employment Trust Fund (ETF), and urged them to take advantage of the Fund.
He added: “Those of you who are out of school or are graduates now and you don’t have jobs, the ETF is available for all of you. Between now and November next year, we are providing an Arts Theatre in Epe. It is going to be a 500-seater Theatre and we will also have a modern cinema here in Epe.
“We are bringing a shopping mall to Epe also. We will create more jobs but I want you to be the best. I will support you and I pray that all the things that I have gained from here, you will gain better ones than me.”
Speaking on the Fiesta, the Governor expressed excitement at the large turnout at the event, but urged the youths to continue to embrace peace and shun violence.
“We are very excited to be here. We were here last year. This is bigger, its bolder and its better. I am so excited to see this large crowd here. It means that Epe is going places. I see a whole lot of our youth here present. I am happy that Epe has been peaceful and it has been calm and we are enjoying ourselves,” Governor Ambode said.
The One Lagos Fiesta is being held simultaneously in Epe, Ikorodu, Badagry, Ikeja and Lagos Island and it will climax in the early hours of January 1, 2017.
Jobs/Appointments
Olatunji to Chair Anglophone Committee of Africa Data Protection Authorities

By Adedapo Adesanya
Nigeria has won the chairmanship spot for the anglophone countries committee of African data protection body, the Network of Africa Data Protection Authorities (NADPA).
Consequently, the National Commissioner/CEO of the Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC), Mr Vincent Olatunji, has been appointed the chair of the committee.
This appointment was confirmed at the meeting of the Committee on Wednesday, April, 2 2025, according to a statement signed by Mr Babatunde Bamigboye, the Head of Legal, Enforcement and Regulations at the NDPC.
The NADPA committee serves as a multilateral platform for promoting data privacy and protection among members.
The appointment of the NDPC helmsman is a result of the contributions of the commission, led by Mr Olatunji, to the Anglophone Countries Committee and the Network of African Data Protection Authorities.
The statement added that it also reflects the organisation’s achievements following the enactment of the Nigeria Data Protection Act, 2023, signed into law by President Bola Tinubu.
While accepting the appointment, Mr Olatunji expressed his gratitude for the confidence reposed in Nigeria to chair the committee at this crucial phase of Africa’s drive towards safeguarding the privacy rights of her over 1.4 billion people in the global data processing value chain.
Mr Olatunji further urged members to see the work of the Committee as a collective responsibility which must be discharged for the benefit of data subjects across Africa.
It will be recalled that Nigeria is also scheduled to host the 2025 NADPA Annual General Meeting and Conference from May 6-8, 2025.
The theme of the Conference is: “Balancing Innovation in Africa: Data Protection and Privacy in Emerging Technologies and is targeted at showcasing the significant milestones of Nigeria under President Bola Tinubu towards building a sustainable digital economy.
Jobs/Appointments
Tinubu Removes Mele Kyari, Picks Bayo Ojulari as New NNPC CEO

By Modupe Gbadeyanka
President Bola Tinubu has removed Mt Mele Kyari as the chief executive of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, replacing him with Mr Bashir Bayo Ojulari in line with the powers granted under Section 59, subsection 2 of the Petroleum Industry Act, 2021.
In a statement signed by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Mr Bayo Onanuga, on Wednesday, it was also revealed that Mr Pius Akinyelure is no longer the chairman of the NNPC board as he has been replaced by Ahmadu Musa Kida.
According to the statement, Mr Tinubu reconstituted the 11-man NNPC board, which came into being on November 2023, to enhance operational efficiency, restore investor confidence, boost local content, drive economic growth, and advance gas commercialisation and diversification.
President Tinubu also handed out an immediate action plan to the new board: to conduct a strategic portfolio review of NNPC-operated and Joint Venture Assets to ensure alignment with value maximisation objectives.
Since 2023, the Mr Tinubu administration has implemented oil sector reforms to attract investment. Last year, NNPC reported $17 billion in new investments within the sector. The administration now envisions increasing the investment to $30 billion by 2027 and $60 billion by 2030.
His administration targets raising oil production to two million barrels daily by 2027 and three million daily by 2030. Concurrently, the government wants gas production jacked to 8 billion cubic feet daily by 2027 and 10 billion cubic feet by 2030.
Furthermore, President Tinubu expects the new board, whose appointment became effective today, to elevate NNPC’s share of crude oil refining output to 200,000 barrels by 2027 and reach 500,000 by 2030.
Business Post reports that Mr Adedapo Segun, who replaced Mr Umaru Isa Ajiya as the chief financial officer last November, has been appointed to the new board by President Tinubu.
Six board members, non-executive directors, represent the country’s geopolitical zones. They are Bello Rabiu, North West, Yusuf Usman, North East, and Babs Omotowa, a former managing director of the Nigerian Liquified Natural Gas( NLNG), who represents North Central.
Mr Austin Avuru is a non-executive director from the South-South, Mr David Ige is a non-executive director from the South West, and Mr Henry Obih is a non-executive director from the South East.
Mrs Lydia Shehu Jafiya, permanent secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance, will represent the ministry on the new board, while Aminu Said Ahmed will represent the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
The new board chairman is from Borno State. He is an alumnus of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, where he received a degree in civil engineering in 1984. He also obtained a postgraduate diploma in petroleum engineering from the Institut Francaise du Petrol (IFP) in Paris
On his part, Mr Ojulari hails from Kwara State. Until his new appointment, He was Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Renaissance Africa Energy Company.
His Renaissance recently led a consortium of indigenous energy firms in the landmark acquisition of the entire equity holding in the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC), worth $2.4 billion.
Jobs/Appointments
Tinubu Extends Tenure of Comptroller-General of Immigration Kemi Nanna Nandap

By Modupe Gbadeyanka
The tenure of the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Mrs Kemi Nanna Nandap, has been extended.
Her tenure was extended by President Bola Tinubu, according to a statement issued on Monday by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Mr Bayo Onanuga.
She was first appointed to the position on March 1, 2024, and was to serve till August 31, 2025, but the President has shifted her term forward to December 31, 2026.
Mrs Nandap began her career in the NIS on October 9, 1989, and under her tenure as the head of the agency, the NIS has witnessed significant advancements in its core mandate, with notable improvements in border management, modernisation of immigration processes and national security measures.
President Tinubu commended the Comptroller-General for her exemplary leadership and urged her to continue dedicating herself to the Service’s strategic priorities, which align with his administration’s Renewed Hope Agenda.
He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to supporting the NIS in fulfilling its mandate to protect Nigeria’s territorial integrity and promote safe, legal, and orderly migration.
-
Feature/OPED5 years ago
Davos was Different this year
-
Travel/Tourism9 years ago
Lagos Seals Western Lodge Hotel In Ikorodu
-
Showbiz2 years ago
Estranged Lover Releases Videos of Empress Njamah Bathing
-
Banking7 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria
-
Economy2 years ago
Subsidy Removal: CNG at N130 Per Litre Cheaper Than Petrol—IPMAN
-
Banking2 years ago
First Bank Announces Planned Downtime
-
Sports2 years ago
Highest Paid Nigerian Footballer – How Much Do Nigerian Footballers Earn
-
Technology4 years ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN