By Dipo Olowookere
House of Representatives has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to immediately send a delegation to the South African government to express the utmost disappointment and disapproval of the series of attacks meted out to Nigerians resident in the country.
Chairperson of House Committee on Diaspora, Mrs Rita Orji, rising under matter of urgent public importance, drew the attention of the chamber to the organized mob action by some South African citizens targeting the wanton destruction of lives and properties belonging to Nigerians.
She informed that these recent spree of attacks speak volume to the fact that there has not been any serious commitment by the South African authorities to curtail the senseless attacks on Nigerians and other foreigners in their country, as graphic videos of the South African police officials are often seen standing-by while the killings, maiming and destructions orchestrated by the mob are taking place.
She added that these act by the South African citizens amount to gross violation of the United Nations charter forbidding any form of hostility against foreigners by the host nation. She stated that the attacks are now carried out at intervals of every Six months.
The lawmaker urged the Federal Government to treat the matter with all sense of urgency it requires because there is an intelligence report that there is yet a planned protest by the same mob scheduled to hold on Friday, February 25, 2017.
She prayed the House to do what is necessary within it capacity to ensure that no Nigerian residing in South Africa is gruesomely killed by these barbaric mob. Other members of the Legislature lent their voices to the issue, including Leo Ogor and Nnenna Elendu Ukeje.
They decried the despicable attacks on Nigerians and seized the moment to call on the South African Government not to be so much in a hurry to forget history, particularly the role Nigeria played during their dark days in apartheid.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
- Jumia Employee Taking Pleasure in Meeting e-Commerce Needs of Rural Dwellers April 22, 2021
- Over 4 million Investors’ Accounts Have Incomplete KYC Data—SEC April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria