Famous Black and White Logos: Features and Benefits
Despite the fact that many consider black and white logos to be old-fashioned and too simple, experience with their use shows their high efficiency and the presence of a large number of advantages. In any case, history knows many cases when black and white logos became super recognizable and turned into a real brand.
You can develop a black and white logo in the logo maker Turbologo for a couple of mipnuts.
What is a logo
A logo is a symbol (containing a picture, an inscription, or both of these elements in any proportions). Its main purpose is to make the company recognizable and distinguishable from firms engaged in similar activities.
A company with a unique and attractive brand name attracts customers. In addition, such brands inspire more trust among the potential audience.
The logo is not just a stylish picture – it has several significant “missions”:
- Creation of brand image. A brand name can convey a lot of information about a company. In addition to the specialization of the brand, the logo tells potential customers and the strengths of the products sold and the services provided. A high-quality logo will show the audience that you are responsible for your business;
- Advertising. The emblem presents the brand on the market, increases its significance. With the help of the logo, customers can find out the necessary information about the company and, if they wish, apply for services or goods. It is also effective to use the logo in business correspondence;
- Market identification. The logo helps customers who are already familiar with the brand to recognize it among other companies;
- Protection from unfair competition. Some firms copy products that belong to another (often promoted) brand. And the logo helps to show customers which of the goods is really genuine;
- Reputation building. If a consumer once used the services of your organization and was satisfied, then he is more likely to contact you again;
- Good quality guarantee. Products marked with the brand name are genuine. This protects customers from buying fakes.
Black and white logos are quite popular in the modern world. They have both advantages and disadvantages. They are economical (they do not require large development and printing costs to use), are minimalist, unobtrusive, are associated with luxury service companies (as large companies choose simple logos), and stand out against the background of the color emblems of competitors.
While the combination of different shades in a logo can look great, sometimes a black and white theme gets the point across better.
These colors are powerful in their simplicity, and they are suitable for almost any platform.
It can be printed on a T-shirt.
It can be pasted on a wall, pictured on a billboard, or even printed on a car window.
Instagram profile , or used as a Facebook cover.
It can be printed on the athlete’s equipment to promote the brand.
If you want a logo that can fit into any setting, go for the black and white option.
Printing in other colors can be expensive, but binary colors such as black and white are cost effective.
Black and white paints are readily available compared to other colors.
In addition, a binary logo is likely to use less power than a color logo.
Famous black and white logos
Today, dozens of extremely successful black and white brand logos are familiar. This color scheme has significantly increased recognition and has become a real “highlight” of companies such as:
- Nissan is a famous car manufacturer from Japan.
- Sony is a company engaged in the creation of technology, as well as the production of films and video games.
- Bentley is a popular automotive giant from the UK.
- BBC is the most famous news agency in the world, headquartered in London.
- Nike is a giant in the sportswear and footwear industry;
- Wikipedia is an international scientific and educational project known to every person who has ever sat down at a computer and used the Internet.
- Walt Disney is a company familiar from childhood that produces animated films, as well as feature films such as Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Gillette is a world-famous brand that produces blades, razors, creams and other shaving accessories.
- Playboy is a legendary adult magazine.
These are just some of the options for black and white logos that have become famous throughout the world and are known to almost every consumer on Earth. As can be seen from the examples presented, many world-famous brands prefer the combination of black and white to color versions of the logo.
Reducing the color gamut can be a key choice to bring your symbol to high standards, versatility and modernity.
Now is the time to make a black and white symbol that will exalt the brand that has appeared on the market. You can make a black and white logo yourself or by ordering it. The first option is much cheaper, and thanks to the emergence of numerous resources, the logo can be made by yourself, using special designers for this. It doesn’t take much time, but the result is amazing.