By Modupe Gbadeyanka
President Muhammadu Buhari has been asked to resign from office for not being able to govern the country appropriately.
This call was made on Wednesday by Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, who is the Senate Minority Leader.
At the plenary today, the lawmaker said President Buhari has failed to adequately secure the lives and properties of Nigerians, one of the main responsibilities of government.
“If you want to treat an issue, you go to the head. We did not appoint the Inspector General of Police or the security chiefs. We will go to the president and ask him to resign,” Mr Abaribe declared at the plenary.
Despite being interrupted by the Senate President, Mr Ahmad Lawan, the interrupted the federal parliamentarian from Abia State emphasised that, “Nigerians voted (the ruling All Progressives Congress) APC because they promised to tackle insecurity but they have failed.”
The member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said the President has failed when it comes to security in the country, lamenting that things are getting worse than they were before this administration came into power in 2015.
According to him, it is absurd for President Buhari to say he was surprised at the rising insecurity in the country, wondering what his security chiefs have been updating him about security situation in the country.
Mr Abaribe was making comments on the present situation in Nigeria when the Senate discussed a motion on national security challenges and the need to restructure Nigeria’s security system.
But his stance on the issue caused uproar at the red chambers as some members of the Senate, especially from the ruling party, kicking against his call for the resignation of President Buhari.
One of them, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, a former Governor of Nasarawa State, condemned Mr Abaribe for his comments, demanding that he withdraws them.
The blockchain brings new financing options to the business market. For example, Bitcoin Cash casino has adapted to only using cryptocurrency. This way, it makes it easier for their customers to deposit and withdraw in a BCH casino. Entrepreneurs have taken note of this and are looking to invest more in crypto than in fiat markets.
Like Our Facebook Page
Latest News on Business Post
- Stock Investors Manage N2bn Gain as Results Dampen Spirits April 23, 2021
- Brent Climbs as Libyan Production Dips April 23, 2021
- Onne Customs Raises Revenue 69.4% to N38.9 billion in Q1 2021 April 22, 2021
- YouTube Launches Inaugural Africa Reading Challenge April 22, 2021
- Audiomack, MTN Develop Data Bundle for Music Streaming April 22, 2021
- FCTA to Reward High Impact Entrepreneurs April 22, 2021
- CSCS Assures Shareholders Sustainable Value, to Pay N1.17 Dividend April 22, 2021
- Fitbit Unveils Device to Track Users’ Fitness, Wellness April 22, 2021
- UK Expresses Willingness to Attract More Investments to Nigeria April 22, 2021
- How to Invest in Stocks in Nigeria: Guide for Beginners April 22, 2021
Economy5 years ago
Kwara Disburses N1.7b For Projects
Technology4 months ago
How To Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Economy3 years ago
FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share N655.18b in January
Feature/OPED1 year ago
Davos was Different this year
Feature/OPED1 month ago
COVID and the Growth of Technology in Nigeria
Economy1 month ago
MBA Forex Blames CBN for Inability to Return Investors’ Funds
General2 years ago
Ikeja Electric Explains How to Get Prepaid Metres via MAP
Banking3 years ago
Sort Codes of GTBank Branches in Nigeria